Mergers & Acquisitions
Owners frequently think about one of the most important decisions they will ever have to make over the life of a business: Should I sell or transition the company? To take advantage of expansion opportunities, business owners can also choose whether to merge with or buy another company. The overall outcome of a deal can be impacted by having seasoned investment bankers lead you through the acquisition, divestment, or financing process. USM-SBC aids customers by:
- Locate and get ready for a potential transaction opportunity.
- Close the contract after negotiating and structuring it.
- Create a strategy that extends beyond the transaction's conclusion with clear guidance.
The need for expert valuation services is ever-increasing in today's business and regulatory environment. The valuation of business interests in the context of financial reporting, tax, corporate transactions, and legal disputes is at the center of many key strategies and financial decisions, making the selection of a valuation expert a critical choice. USM-SBC valuation professionals provide supportable, defensible, and unbiased valuation opinions that can stand up to the highest levels of scrutiny. Our Valuation services include:
- Corporate valuations like Buy/sell agreements, ESOPs, SBA 7a valuations, Debt issuance, etc.
- Financial Reporting valuations like Business Combinations (ASC805), Fair value (ASC820), Asset impairment testing (ASC350/360), etc.
- Fund level valuations like Carried interest valuation, Portfolio financial reporting (ASC820), Financial services for investment companies (ASC946), etc.
- Tax valuations like Deferred compensation (409a), Gift & Estate, IRS controversy, Personal Goodwill, Cost segregation, etc.
We provide due diligence review services for numerous industries.
We help business managers understand the full scope of what acting on a proposed transaction, like a merger or acquisition, might entail. We do the legwork for you, conducting extensive research onsite and taking all factors into account, to give you data to help you make the best decision for your company.